Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hooky

Sometimes playing hooky is a good thing. What are people calling it now? Mental health days? We can stick with that. 

Yesterday morning proved to be the climax of my unidentified depression/rut/funk thing (or maybe just a high point; how would I know how the future is going to turn out?). I was sitting at my desk at work practically seething with misery. So that's when I said, "Screw it." and left work at lunch. Enter a super awesome friend willing to play hooky with me and a tasty, tasty lunch at Genghis Grill and I remembered what it was like to laugh again (without bitterness or spite, of course). 

This is not the good king of laugh I'm talking about.

And this is the good kind of laugh I remembered. Yay!


So now I feel good. Not super great awesome, but pretty good. That's a vast improvement in my book. Hopefully it sticks and lasts. It was pretty nice not having to forcibly motivate myself to go to work this morning. The homicidal thoughts concerning certain scumbags have decreased significantly, too. Hooray for a reduced risk of ending up in jail! 

I'm sincerely hoping that the good feelings endure and today is good. Then after that is the weekend and pay day, which is the official start of no longer giving a fuck until Monday. I am definitely looking forward to that. Plans for the weekend include sleeping, more sleeping, Netflix, and maybe some pants. Oh, and extreme shock if a certain someone actually stops flaking out and returns my texts about making plans. There's more good-natured humor than irritation in that comment, I swear! 

Well it's definitely true that the length of a post is determined by how much bitching you have to do. And since I don't have any (at the moment), this looks like a pretty short post. Here's a picture: 


No comments:

Post a Comment